And now to my strategy:
First of all i have a few points i follow everytime! Keep them in mind everytime you got stuck!:
- Points you got, do not have to be positive at late game!
- the slowest way is the best way ;) (although we don't have time :P)
Starting a game:
Often you get a puzzle where you can shake, wiggle and also rebuild to get about 4/5 to 9/10 of the points you will get after a bit handwork. Without handwork you will get into a peek where it is impossible to come to the top ten!
And as you can see me as a 99%-script-user i also use a bit handwork because this is essential for the later game.
- Loop Games:
- You should look for unlocked sidechains, often around a locked ligand if it is a ligand puzzle. Try to pull the loop to these unlocked sidechains. At lategame this will be useful because these sidechains are then meant to be moved around although the backbone is locked!
- All Games:
- First try to restructure your protein. Look at the server predicitons as they are a really great way to get some unspecified loops into a structure. Then look for Loops with a length greater than 7. There could be also some little structs in there.
- You can use my recipe (alternative) for predicting the laster few areas. Sometimes it can help to get an idea of the structure.