"Welcome to the Foldit Labs."
"We are studying all the possible ways to fold. Come join us."
"Please post your links to great new Foldit concepts below."
The Main Index - is an Index to almost all the pages on the wiki. Enjoy !
Tips and Techniques Edit
- AA Index Letter Codes - Letter Codes for the Amino Acids
- Afk bbl brb cul gtg - What do all those letters mean?
- Align Sheets - Bringing sheets together.
- Banding Techniques Method by itskimo - Various ways to use bands.
- Flattening Strands - How to flatten sheets.
- Glossary of script terms. - What the script names mean.
- Helix Straightening - Many ways to straighten a helix.
- Null Point Pulling -- A technique to gain the last possible point.
- Pose Structure - The protein structure's resting conformation.
- Pulling Structure Through - How to pull structure through your protein.
- Quick Start Guide - How to quickly start a new Foldit puzzle. General directions
- Rock The Boat -- Banding technique for getting those last hard points.
- Run Scripts in Non-Standard Way - How to play around with Clashing Importance while running a script, and other ways to alter a running script.
- Sheet Flattening Techniques - Different ways to flatten sheets
- Structures of the Protein - Everything you ever wanted to know about the proteins structure.
- Techniques For Players - Another way of viewing it.
- Team Evolver Techniques - New ways to win as a team.
- Tweeking Things - The best ways to tweek your protein.
Strategy and TipsEdit
- Folding Methods - Fold Theory - Ways to change your proteins structure.
- High Point and Script Loss - Why it happens and what to do about it to win.
- How to Evo As A Team -- Many special techniques for team evolving.
- Improving Game Play Creativity - Ways to improve your own style of playing Foldit. Do your own thing.
- Origami and Folding - Ideas about origami and the art of protein folding.
- Point Scripts -- Strategies for running scripts.
- The Hail Mary Pass - End game strategy
- Wild Script Ideas - What does the future of scripts look like?
- ZZZZZ Get Your ZZZZZs - Sometimes players experience foldit burn out and what to do about it. :)
- Buddies - What is a buddy?
- Exploration Map -- Gaining an understanding of the exploration map.
- Structure Mode Tips - Tips about using the structure mode.
- Tracks - All about Tracks
Different Types of PuzzlesEdit
- Contact Map - What the contact map means.
- Exploration Puzzles - How to start playing exploration puzzles.
- Frozen Puzzles - What a Frozen puzzle is and how to play it.
- How to start De novo Freestyle Puzzles. Also other banding techniques and pulling structure through.
- Interface Puzzles - Many ways to play interface puzzles.
- What is a Ligand? - What to do about Ligands in game play.
Other Players LinksEdit
- Links to important Foldit information.
- Tony Origami Getting to the Top in Foldit - One of the very best papers on how to fold.
- Dejerpha's notes - Great ideas on what to do next to gain those last few points.
- Diderot's Suggested Method - Very good description of protein structure.
- DisposableHeart's Suggested Method - A discussion on how to form structure.
- Foldit 101 - Is another group getting Foldit information to the players.
- Endgame - Video Foldit techniques.
- Wiggling and stiffening a fold - Does wiggling stiffen your fold?
- Time Zone Conversion - Coding sheets to go from local time to Universal Time and back