Welcome to the Foldit Wiki
Details and updates :
Foldit is an online game in which humans try to solve one of the hardest computational problems in biology: protein folding. You don't need to know anything about biology to play the game, although a little background will help. Most of the players of Foldit are not biologists.
Contents ( View All Pages - Foldit Wikia Index )
Downloading and Installing Foldit
Foldit can be played on:
Click the appropriate link to download the version for your operating system.
Why fold? This article explains the basics of Foldit: [The Science Behind Foldit]
The place to get started is the tutorial puzzles. Make sure that you do all of those before trying a science puzzle.
- Tutorial Puzzles
- A very good 40 minute video by Firas Khatib (Beta_Helix), describing Foldit, the basics of the science of protein folding, scoring, CASP, and answering many other questions about protein folding: [Beta's Foldit video]
- What Next?
- How to get started <- With pictures from an actual puzzle
- Foldit 101 <- Helps with all of the other things you may find useful to know.
- Puzzle Results <- Look here to see actual science puzzle summaries along with top solutions and discussions
- FAQs <- Frequently asked questions (including Tracks & Multiple Foldit clients)
Have you just finished the tutorials and see this? What does a winning result look like? We've asked the top players to post their solutions to previous puzzles and they graciously shared their results. Read on to see their solutions!
These pages describe the science of protein folding.
- Amino Acids
- Primary structure
- Secondary Structure
- Hydrophilicity and hydrophobicity
- Protein Folding Theory
- The Big Question Page
- Biochemistry I
These pages describe the mechanics of the Foldit game.
- Puzzle Categories
- Shortcut Keys
- Lua Scripting
These pages describe how to get better scores.
- Manipulation of the protein
- Suggested Methods (pages written by individual players)
This is a wiki about the Foldit game that anyone can edit. Before you do edit it, however, please take a look around and determine whether or not the article you'd like to write already exists. (If it does exist, feel free to make it better!)
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.